Building Update – Wednesday 14 June
- Helpdesk is now back in the Foyer so if you have any problems getting around our building just pay them a visit or give them a call on 0113 3801 400.
- The outside of the building has started to be redecorated and this work will continue over the next couple of weeks. This will mean the outside ramp leading to the main front doors, as well as the lower north entrance will be restricted. For step free access into the building please use the ramp outside the Refectory. This will also mean that the outside entrance to Old Bar will be closed during this time so please access it from inside the building.
- Common Ground, Union Square and the Foyer have now been handed back to us so are open for everyone to use. However there will be some minor work in the entrance as contractors install the fire blankets which could cause some noise in the area. A large area of the Foyer is currently taped off as the contractors work on installing the lights. However this shouldn’t cause any disruption to access routes.
- There is also work underway to replace the floor outside Saladbox which may cause some disruption to that area.
- Work also continues to the Refectory corridor and Level 1. However this shouldn’t affect access routes and all lifts will be operational as usual, but may causes some noise disruption.
- Bayfields Opticians have now moved from outside Essentials to their new unit in Union Square. For step-free access, just use the Refectory lift.
What we are doing
To ensure people with accessibility needs are kept up to date on the changes happening to our building, we have created the twitter hashtag #accessibleluu where we will post updates. This can also be used by students or anyone who uses our building to communicate anything that may affect current access routes. There will also always be a member of staff on the Helpdesk to direct anyone who needs help getting around the building. We are also working with our Liberation Coordinators to create a page dedicated to accessibility on our new website. Once we have everything in place, we will be sending out an email to students informing them of what we are doing and how they can get support or report a problem.
If you are having any issues getting around our building just speak to the Helpdesk in our Foyer and they will be able to help. or check out our hashtag below.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]